New Employee Welcome Letter With Tips
A new employee welcome letter is an exciting confirmation of employment and a great chance to set the right first impression. Your welcome letter should include five key components. They are:
- Make your new employee feel welcome, valued and informed
- Confirm the new hire start date, time, dress code and other practicalities to avoid simple mix-ups
- Outline activities and expectations for the first few days
- Reaffirming your enthusiasm and commitment to your hiring decision
- Provide access to an employee handbook and new starter paperwork to save time on day one
To help you understand how to incorporate those 5 elements into a letter, we’ve put together a sample below.